DIY Tutorial: No Carve Polka Dot Pumpkins
With a boatload of pumpkins and very little spare time, I needed a project that would be fun, fast and cute to boot!
So when I stumbled upon this idea from Better Homes + Gardens, I just knew I'd have to do my own take on it and share it with you. I have to say, I'm quite pleased with my findings.. as happy as a pumpkin rollin' in manure... (and here, you were under some misguided delusion that only pigs liked the stuff)
Before I get carried away with horrifcly bad pumpkin puns, let's go gather some supplies.
1) Press ye ol' apple corer to the pumpkin; hard enough to leave a visible mark.
2) Do this over & over ...allll over (how many times can one use that word?) until ye ol' pumpkin is covered in polka dots that are pleasing to the eye.
3) Grab the paintbrush and paint inside the circles. They can be all one color, multiple colors, it's just up to you. Whatever your choice, enjoy it. Claudine's paints made it oh-so-joyously-simple for me to choose a color palette. Simple = good in my book. Not like my literal book (almossst finished!) ... just that proverbial one.
4) If desired, press ye ol' apple corer to the ink pad, just like it's a stamp.
© Christy Hydeck -Don't tempt fate, karma or my lawyers by stealing. 5) Gently place the inked up corer it on the circles you made before. I just like adding that bit of definition around the circles and emphasizing the cute dotted pattern. The fact that it covers slight painting mistakes is an added bonus.
6) Repeat on all your circles.
You're done! Yay you!
How cute is that?
You could turn the circles into flowers, add gems or beads to embellish them... endless possibilities! You'll love them til the end of vine...
(groan) That's my cue..
Happy pumpkin painting!
Psssst..... (did you see my easy-peasy textacular pumpkin project too?)